It should be useful to all authors of cgfx shaders, or to anyone that is using Cgfx in Maya!
To install: just extract the cgfxShader_customAE.mel file in
C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\Documents\maya\VERSION\scripts
and restart Maya. The cgfx plugin will load the script automatically the next time you start Maya.
By default, it adds a display menu in the attribute editor.
From there you can chose to display parameters either the classic way or by group (with or without texture swatches):
Here are the features:
- you can group parameters by using the 'UIGroup' string annotation (or the parameter semantic if 'UIGroup' is not set). This is working with all shaders, but if the author of the shader didn't use any 'UIGroup' annotation or semantic, the parameter won't go inside any group:
- it fixes the bug with the technique selection in Maya 2011, when multiple techniques are available:
- you can see texture swatches with the sampler parameters
- the sampler parameters now have the correct labels (i.e. 'Diffuse Map' instead of 'diffuseSampler').
(Note for authors: It uses the texture UIName instead of sampler_state name):
- and it works in Maya 2011, 2012 and 2013
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.