Interface Architect is a tool in Maya that helps you to visually build your GUI for your own Maya tool. No coding is required but basic knowledge of GUI programming is recommended if you want a lot of customization for your GUI. The tool provides some default elements that you can add to your GUI. These are some commonly used elements such as button, text, text field, and different types of layout. You can also add customized elements into the GUI by giving input of the element type and attributes.
The tool also allows you to manipulate your GUI within its own Architecture structure so that you do not have to keep on track of your structure in the code. Interface Architect will generate a python code* based on your Interface Architecture. You can save it anywhere, and copy it into your own code to use it. The tool allows you to preview your GUI at anytime through the process as well.
Software Versions Update
I have run the script on Maya 2018, please use the bug report feature or contact me directly if you run into any issue. Email can be found on my website through the project page Interface Architect.
Update in Ver 1.1:
- Added Preview button in all tabs;
- Added Script tab (See picture below)
- Refresh: load the latest saved script;
- Preview: run the current script in the scripting field;
- Find: highlight the code related to the selected element;
- Update: update the code with a specific element, or add a new element;
- Save: save current script to draft.py file
*This Version of Interface Architect only support Python export. Mel might be added if people require.