Thank you to Tony for helping me debug the Express version ;)
Maya Plug-in Wizard Read Me Stuff
The VC 2005 version of the Maya plug-in wizard for this release is contained in the MayaPluginWizard.zip file. This wizard is HTML based and contains several files and directories that must be copied into the Visual Studio and Visual Studio Express install location. To install and run the Maya plug-in wizard do the following:
NOTE: You may need the windows platform sdk or windows sdk to resolve header file issues with express edition.
1. Unzip the MayaPluginWizard.zip file.
2. Copy the following files to the "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCvcprojects" directory:
!!NOTE: For VC Express Edition use "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCExpressVCProjects". You may need to create this directory.
3. Copy the "MayaPlugInWizard" directory to "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCVCWizards".
!!NOTE: For VC Express Edition you must copy it to both the directory above AND "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCExpressVCWizards". You may need to create this directory.
4. Start Visual Studio and click File -> New -> Project -> Visual C++ Projects and select MayaPlugInWizard.
5. Enter a name and solution name and select the OK button.
6. Fill in the information for the "Plug-in setup" screen and then select the "Plug-in type" and "Included libraries" links to also enter the required information.
7. The project will be created and then the solution can be updated and built.
- If the wizard crashes when selecting combo boxes, try using only your keyboard. If you know of a fix for this please send to tommy [ no spam at ] illuminatedpixel.com.
- At this time, the Maya install process will not copy the wizard files into the appropriate Visual Studio .NET directories. This process is manual.
- If you are working with an non-english installation of Visual Studio then you may have to alter the directories that the files are copied into above.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.