- Reviews (21)
- Support Forum (78)
- Tutorials (2)
- Bugs (53)
- Feature Requests (64)
- Version History
Standard License (Royalty Free)
License terms and conditions for transmission of digital items from Seller to Purchaser
1. The Standard License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of the digital asset (Item) you have purchased or downloaded for free.
2. By completing a purchase or download you are hereby granted use of the item resulting in an End Product;
3. An End Product is a work that incorporates the Item into a product that is larger in scope. Approved distribution or use of Item as an End Product includes, but is not limited to:
a. For personal or commercial use
b. For advertising or promotional use
c. For a website or in any electronic devices
d. In broadcast, multimedia or animation
e. In mobile apps, books or magazines
f. As a 3D Print
More detailed examples of approved distribution or use:
a. As a displayed 3D model used in a mobile phone application as long as the original content is protected from extraction
b. As rendered imagery (still or moving) distributed as part of a feature film, commercial, broadcast, or stock photography or other stock media
c. As part of a game as long as the original content is protected from extraction and displays inside the game during play
d. Resulting as published content within a magazine, website, t-shirt, poster, or similar product
e. As part of a physical object such as a toy or physical model
What you CAN do with the Item
4. You can create an End Product for a client, and you can transfer that End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.
5. You can modify or manipulate the Item in any way including shape, size, color, etc. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create does not violate any of terms of (3) above.
What you CAN'T do with the Item
6. You can't re-distribute the Item as stock (free or paid). You can't do this with an Item individually or bundled with other items, including even if you modify the Item. ie, you can't purchase a character model, rig it, then resell it as your own.
7. You can't provide any free download of the Item in any web site or electronic devices.
8. You can't modify the Item and sell or distribute the modified Item in any form / media as it's own new Item.
9. You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product.
10. You can't use an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.
More details of this license terms
11. For some Items, a component of the Item will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else's license or an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Item's description page or in the Item's downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will apply to the rest of the Item.
For example: A script might contain images licensed under a Creative Commons CCBY license. The CCBY license applies to those specific images. This license applies to the rest of the theme.
12. For some items, a GNU General Public License (GPL) or another open source license applies. The open source license applies in the following ways:
(a) Some Items, even if entirely created by the author, may be partially subject to the open source license: a ësplit license' applies. This means that the open source license applies to an extent that's determined by the open source license terms and the nature of the Item, and this license applies to the rest of the Item.
Split and other open source licensing is relevant for themes and plug-ins for WordPress and other open source platforms. Where split licensing applies, this is noted in the Item's download files: for more information, see this Knowledge Base article
(b) For some Items, the author may have chosen to apply a GPL license to the entire Item. This means that the relevant GPL license will apply to the entire Item instead of this license.
Where an Item is entirely under a GPL license, it will be identified as a GPL item and the license noted in the download files.
13. You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can't use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
14. This license applies in conjunction with the Membership Terms for your use of the Highend3d Marketplace. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the Membership Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
15. This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
16. The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the Item and you. Highend3d.com / Highend Network / Lumis Network, is not a party to this license or the one giving you the license.
17. Purchaser understands and agrees that certain digital items may contain third party copyrighted or trademarked material that may require additional licensing, permissions, releases, or rights clearance for any non-editorial use. Purchaser and their legal advisors should consider this and obtain such rights, if necessary, before purchasing, downloading or using any Content.
- Future Updates Included
- Highend3d Quality Checked
- Purchase Guarantee
- Support Included
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 9.x, 2009, 2008
Reviews Love it? Or maybe you want to share some creative ways you're putting this item to use.
Marvinhorn said over 9 years ago:The best rigging tool around. Animator friendly, stable and now part of our pipeline. Deserves 10 stars! Well, done.
Ariel Conti said almost 10 years ago:Great script! I've tried Advanced Skeleton, AB AutoRig, and the Setup Machine. And Advanced Rapid Rig is the best. I just rigged my model and now I'm animating.
Somongkol Teng said about 10 years ago:Wow, your script is a marvel. However, it does not work at all in Linux Maya 2009 SP1 unlimited. There is always errors in line 24372.57 somewhere around those lines. The UI did pop up, but that is it, I click this and that and nothing happens. It works well in Linux Maya 2012 sp1. I hope you can give me help on this. Here, we use Linux Maya 2009 for all the works, and Maya 2012 is for now in the middle of our decision whether to upgrade or not because of its too much hardware consumption. Cheers SMT
TheMunter said over 10 years ago:Creative Crash wasn't accepting payments due to some bug, however, I mailed them and they responded immediatley and fixed the problem. I bought Rapid Rig and I am really impressed with what it can do and how fast it can do it. After you've gone through it once, you'll be rigging in minutes, literally. the rigs are superfast and scrub no problem. This script also generates some useful facial controls. Brilliant! - j
goltnik said almost 11 years ago:Dear Dustin! You made my life 10 years longer!!! I'm very happy with the script: It's perfect! Thank you very very much!
reyrey said about 11 years ago:If your looking for a biped rigging script there is no need to look any further, this is an awesome rigging script. Dustin is always updating fixes and adding new features that his costumers requested. The script is so easy to setup and rig with. It comes with an optional low rez geometry that is inspired by the "The Iron Giant". But if your like me and want to use your own model get familiar with the Component Editor, it will speed up your weight painting process. A good thing is that you don't have to deal with painting a bunch of influences from joints that you don't see. If you don't like the colors of the controls then change them to your liking, it's not hard look for a script called "Color Nodes". "Rapid Rig: Advanced" is very animator friendly and especially if your a student on a budget, the price is just right. What I really like is the spine FK/IK mix, you pretty much have total control. There is no need to switch from FK to IK spine it's combined so you'll never lose a pose if you need to tweak it with the IK control. The hip control rotation does not automatically rotate the upper body controls which is a big plus. The arms and legs have crazy amount of optional Toon controls. You can pretty much imitate cartoons from the early 1900's with their spaghetti arms and legs if you like. So what’s missing? If i had to be extremely picky the fingers and toes don't have IK option, but at the rate Dustin is updating his script I’m sure sooner or later.
email@example.com said about 11 years ago:I usually set up my own rigs but this script is awesome easy to use and speeds up my workflow a good bit. A very modest price for the advantages.
Constantine Krystallis said over 11 years ago:I am so glad to have found this scripted Rig. The Rig is excellent. It has good number of different functionalities and is a breeze to set up! For a quick setup in a standard biped character it is perfect. Clean and robust. It is well worth the money and more! Plus Dustin is a very nice guy and is always developing updates, fixing minor bugs and he listens to the clients needs! If you are looking for an autorig that can offer functionality superfast... Look no further! This is it. *****
stanley lioe said over 11 years ago:i 've bought this auto rig a few weeks ago, after i tried another free rig from this site and nothing works fine. . IMHO i'm doing my animation project now and don't know how to make good rig, at the first time when i tried this rig for a small test i thought it was fine, right now i'm sitting in front of my computer facing some problems with maya 2008, and this auto rig the bend for elbow(curve things) doesn't work from the previous version (1.02) and on the latest version has the same problem, i really disappointed on this part when i curved the arm, the elbow rig moved a little bit, but the rig didn't grab the skin ( i already did smooth skin) so it just moving without meaning and also the optional geometry for animation that being provided from this auto rig wont appear correctly, i don't know why, when i saw on the preview video on the description page, everything seemed okay. . . no problem from the beginning to the end but not okay in my maya 2008 and my character. . . o_0 i dont know whether mine is broken or the rig has some bugs -_- but i like this rig though, it shortened my works for rigging my character , well i hope dustin nelson will update, and fix the bug soon improvement on finger handling will highly appreciated thanks
supergrover said over 11 years ago:I haven't rigged a character in Maya for quite some time so this script is a godsend. I highly recommend it! It's fast - well thought out and will save you a ton of time. Features I'd like to see implemented would be more high level hand controls so that you can get nice curvature of the palms - also if you could double click the base of a finger to select all the controls for that finger that would be very helpful- possible the addition of a heel joint to help with skinning. That aside it's a wonderful tool - and very fast both in setup and interaction. The ability to copy your bone position from one side to the other is very solid and quick. Great value too!
Post a review:
"Rapid Rig: Poser" for Maya for Maya 2.0.9 (maya script)
"Rapid Rig: Modular" - Procedural Auto Rig 2.4.6 for Maya (maya script)
3D Sphynx Cat Maya Rig 0.0.1 for Maya
3D Silver Cyborg Maya Rig 0.0.1 for Maya
Fire Ant Maya Rig 0.0.1 for Maya
Nick-Maya Rig With Advance Facial Setup for Maya 0.1.0